Annunciamo oggi la nascita di RT, A Journal on Research Policy and Evaluation, che la redazione di Roars ha contribuito a fondare. La rivista, ospitata dall’Università degli Studi di Milano, lancia una call for papers che rivolgiamo a tutti i lettori di Roars.
A Journal on Research Policy and Evaluation
CALL FOR PAPERS
Roars Transactions, a Journal on Research Policy and Evaluation (RT), is an electronic open-access, peer-reviewed journal, published every six months. RT draws from the experience of www.roars.it (Return on Academic ReSearch), a collective blog (in Italian) dedicated to the monitoring and critical examination of policy measures and trends in higher education and public research. RT aims at extending the blog’s scope and depth, by soliciting contributions worldwide and of a scholarly nature.
At the same time, RT wishes to maintain and enhance its characteristic of inter-disciplinarity, topical relevance, and openness. Contributions are solicited from all fields of natural, social, and human sciences in the following areas:
- Research and teaching evaluation methodologies and practices
- Use and extension of quantitative indicators for the study of research and higher education systems
- Current policy issues concerning higher education institutions, including perspective evaluation of ongoing reforms and retrospective assessment of past ones
- Case studies, including historical ones, on reforms or restructuring of specific research or higher education institutions, or systems thereof
- Theoretical and empirical studies on ethical issues in science, including data access and retention, selective publication of results, fraud and plagiarism, and experimentations on humans and animals
- Case studies and comparative analysis on legal aspects, law-making and design of law regarding research evaluation and policy
- Empirical studies, also in a historical perspective, on the influence of science and technology on society, especially of science and technology policy and institutions.
- Reflections from a philosophy and history of science point of view on the themes described above.
RT publishes original research papers, reviews and discussion notes. The preferred language is English, but contributions in other languages (Italian, French, German, Spanish) will be considered for publication – an extended summary in English will be included.
Announcing the birth of the journal, we launch a call for papers. We welcome contributions covering all the areas of interest of the journal.
The first issue will be published in the Autumn of 2013
We invite all interested authors to send their contributions through the automated system of the journal. Contributions will be peer-reviewed according to the rules posted on the website of the journal. The editorial guidelines are posted here. RT complies to the COPE Code of Conduct for Journal Editors.
ISSN to be assigned shortly before publication of the first issue.
Editorial Board: Carla Barbati (University IULM Milan, Italy), Guillaume Cabanac (University of Toulouse, France), Sabino Cassese (Italian Constitutional Court & Scuola Normale Superiore, Italy), Sébastien Charles (University of Sherbrooke, Canada), Aldo Geuna (University of Turin, Italy), Francesco Lissoni (University of Bordeaux IV, France), Henk Moed (Elsevier, The Netherlands), Lucia Monaco (Telethon Foundation, Italy), Thomas Nickles (University of Nevada, U.S.A.), Luis Sanz-Menendez (CSIC-IPP, Spain), Daniel Torres-Salinas (University of Navarra, EC3, Spain), Anna Tramontano (University of Rome La Sapienza & ERC Council, Italy), Valerio Vercesi (INFN, Italy), Hugh Willmott (Cardiff Business School, U.K.), Gereon Wolters (University of Konstanz, Germany).
Editorial Committee: Antonio Banfi (University of Milan, Italy), Francesca Coin (University of Venice, Italy), Francesco Coniglione (University of Catania, Italy), Giuseppe De Nicolao (University of Pavia, Italy), Paola Galimberti (University of Milan, Italy), Mario Ricciardi (University of Milan, Italy), Giorgio Sirilli (CNR, Italy), Francesco Sylos Labini (CNR, Italy), Vito Velluzzi (University of Milan, Italy).
Editor in Chief: Alberto Baccini (University of Siena, Italy)
Managing Editor: Antonio Banfi (University of Milan, Italy)
Scarica la call for papers in versione PDF: CALL RT